Medical Director of Minimally Invasive Bariatric Surgery
at the Sacred Heart Institute for Surgical Weight Loss
5149 North 9th Ave Suite: G32
Pensacola FL, 32504
Phone: 850.416.7546 (850.416.SLIM)
- Dr. Lord's serves as medical director of Minimally Invasive Bariatric Surgery at the Sacred Heart Institute for Surgical Weight Loss. In addition, he is an assistant professor of surgery in the Mark Ravitch/Leon C. Hirsch Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Health System.
- Wayne State Univerity School of Medicine in Detroit
- Naval Center in Portsmouth, VA
- Bariatric and Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery - University of Pittsburgh
- Dr. Lord's particular areas of interest include laparoscopic surgery for morbid obesity and gastrointestinal surgery. In addition, he has special interest in laparoscopic treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease and other diseases of the foregut: laparoscopic colon resection, laparoscopic adrenalectomy and splenectomy, and laparoscopic hernia repair. He is board-certified in surgery by the American Board of Surgery.
- Dr. Lord was previously the director of Minimally Invasive General and Bariatric Surgery at the Naval Medical Center in Portsmouth, Va. Memberships in professional and scientific societies include the American College of Surgeons, American Society of Bariatric Surgeons (ASBS), and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES). Dr. Lord is a physician teaching proctor for the American Society of Bariatric Surgeons.